Our Indian government has decided to have one unique identification number for its citizens, which is Aadhaar and hence made it compulsory to link certain documents with Aadhaar card.
When it comes to linking Aadhaar with our different documents, we have lot many questions like What all to link? How to link? Where do I go? Do I have to visit any center for that? But my address is not updated in Aadhar, what do I do now? and so many… Here I have answers to all your questions.
So let start with knowing about important documents that must be linked to your Aadhar card and steps to change your Aadhaar details:
- Bank Account
- Mobile number
Here’s how you can link these documents with your Aadhaar card:
1. Bank account:
- To link your bank account with your Aadhaar online, your net banking should be activated.
- Login to net banking account
- Look for options like ‘Update Aadhaar Card Details’ or ‘Aadhaar Card Seeding’
- Enter all your Aadhaar details, verify the same and submit
- Once your details are confirmed at the bank, you will get a notification through email or SMS on the registered phone number
- For offline linking, you will need an Aadhaar and Bank linking form
- You can get the form from your bank
- Fill in the details, attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar card and submit it to your bank
- Do not miss out on carrying your originals along with you.
- You can check the status on your own as well:
- Go to UIDAI’s official site
- In “Aadhaar services” list, click on ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Accounting Linking Status’ OR visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper
- Fill all the required details
- You will get to the status after submitting the details
- The final date to linking Aadhaar card to the bank account is March 31, 2018
2. Mobile number:
- Link your Aadhaar to existing mobile number through a call:
Call on 14546, select the preferred language and then follow the instructions
- Offline method:
- Go to the nearest mobile service provider
- Carry your Aadhaar card copy and an active SIM card or mobile number
- You will receive OTP on your active mobile number which needs to be submitted to store executive. Biometrics are also required for a successful linking process
- You will receive an SMS within 24 hours. To complete the e-KYC reply “Y” to the SMS.
- Now your mobile number has been successfully linked.
Steps to link your Aadhaar Card and PAN
- Visit site http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click on ‘Link Aadhaar tab’
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number and other required details
- Again, click on ‘Link Aadhaar’
- Verify Aadhaar & PAN Card Linking by SMS Method
There are 2 ways to check the attachment status within few minutes.
Step 1: Through SMS.
- Compose an SMS from your Phone
- Follow this Format – UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN> Example – UIDPAN 123456789012 1234567890
- Send this SMS to 567678
- Soon you will get revert SMS
- If the SMS says that UID & PAN are already linked that means you have completed the task
Note: Use the Number which is registered with your Aadhaar card
Step 2: Online
- Enter the details then click on “Link Aadhaar”
- If you already have successfully linked, then you will see something like this –
- Visit the EPFO website – https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/LinkUanAadhaar
- Enter all the details and submit
5. How to link Aadhaar number to EPF account online?
By using the EPFO online facility, you can link your Aadhaar to EPF with ease.
- Login to the EPFO Unified EPF Portal by using the UAN number and password login.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will come across a manager tab in which you will have to select the KYC option from the drop-down menu.
- After you select the KYC, you will get options to fill in the bank details, PAN details, Aadhaar number, passport, driving license, election card details, and ration card details.
- You will find a section that where you will have to enter your Aadhaar number and name as it appears on your Aadhaar card. This is the place most of the people will face a problem. You might not be able to update it because of the name mismatch, in such cases, you will have to immediately inform your employer about this to resolve the problem.
- After saving it, you can view it under pending KYC option. It would generally take 15 days for the approval. Once it’s approved your Aadhaar status will be available in “Approved KYC” area.
- Make sure all the details – name, date of birth is same on both the cards. In case of any minor mismatch, OTP will be required.
CHANGING AADHAAR DETAILS
You can change below-mentioned details in your AADHAAR card, using Online Self Service Update Portal:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date Of Birth
For any other AADHAAR Card change requests, please visit any nearby AADHAAR card enrolment/update center. To contact nearby AADHAAR card center click here: Locate Nearby AADHAAR Card Centers.
To Update Your Name/Address/Date of Birth:
- Visit the UIDAI portal and login with your Aadhaar number
- You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) and you will be redirected to the data page upon entering the OTP
- Select the data you want to update
- If you need to update your address or name, you must upload respective documents:
Name Correction/Update: Requires supported Proof of Identity documents containing Name and Photo
Date of Birth Correction: Requires supported proof of Date of Birth. Enter your details in DDMMYYYY format. Keep in mind you can update your Date of Birth only once. Once the date is verified, it cannot be changed
Address Corrections/Change: Requires supported address proof that contains name and address
- Upload the original, scanned copies of your documents
- Submit the request and note down the URN (Update Request Number) for future reference
To change Email ID or Gender:
- No documents are required to change email ID or gender
- Just log in to the UID portal, make preferred changes and hit submit
- Use the URN to track your update
- It will take a minimum of 7 to 10 days to reflect the changes
To Update Your Mobile Number:
If you have already linked your number, and need to update a new number, it can be done online. However, ensure that the linked number is functional before updating the new number.
- To update the new number, log in to the UIDAI Portal
- Click on Aadhaar update tab
- Entered the necessary details, then OTP will be sent to your existing mobile number
- After entering the OTP, you will have to update your new number and submit
If you have lost your phone number or want to add a new phone number, the process is slightly different:
- Download and print the Aadhaar Update/Correction Form from the UID portal
- In the ‘Field for Update/ Correction’ mentioned at the top of the form, tick ‘Mobile”
- Enter your Aadhaar Card number, name and address as mention in the card. (All in CAPS)
- In the Mobile section, fill in your new number
- Attach some proof of identity with the form and sign it or provide your thumbprint on the document
- Double check information and send it over to your nearest Aadhaar Center.
- Locate your nearest Aadhaar center here.
This process can also be completed by physically visiting an Aadhaar centre, where along with filling the form, your biometrics will be recorded and verified as well.